Friday, July 13, 2007

SuperMEMES and the Preponderance of Greatness

Every single one of us longs to be something more...someone better, than who we are. It's a feeling that drives some to fame and fortune whilst others whither in the shadows of anonymity. What is this driving force that makes us all want to be GREAT?
I doubt there is one person who has never heard of Superman, Hercules or Jesus. Those names are synonymous with GREATNESS. After spending most of my life with my nose in a comic book, and having a weakness for mythology, I have come to the conclusion that the SUPERHUMAN is not some made up being we humans use as tools for spiritual, mental, emotional and physical enhancement. Instead, I am of the belief that SUPERHUMANS may be a memory of our past.
Imagine if there was a time when we were bigger, fitter, faster and smarter than we are today. Imagine if there was a time when we were like (g)ods. There are stories scattered around the globe to support such ideas.
Michael Cremo said we are devolving and I can't help but wonder if this is true. What if we are mere shadows of what we once were? I think we only have to look at the Great Pyramids to feel the weight of a couple thousand years of lost power to understand.

(to be continued)

No comments: