Monday, September 17, 2007

*NIHT*

Nothing important happened today. That was the title of an X-files episode. On that day, a lot of things happened. It was a kind of joke that floated around for a while. Something big happens...but nothing important happened today. And so it goes in the realm of Ufology. Everyday people see things, everyday sightings are reported, and yet everyday, we turn a blind eye because the evidence we seek just isn't there. Nothing important happened today.
As far back as seven years ago, I used to wish nothing happened. I was in the middle of a cosmic game of cat and mouse. I saw things and suffered things I thought were reserved solely for the pages of a Loren Coleman, Brad Steiger or John E. Mack book. My world was completely topsy-turvy, after so many years of studying the Supernatural/Esoteric/Ufological, I finally discovered that I was one of those stories in one of those books that everyone scoffed at. I was someone who was roused in the night by things unknown only to awaken the next day and exclaim, "Nothing important happened today," And the truth is, something *important* happens everyday, but no one seems to give a shit.

(to be continued...maybe)

No comments: