Tuesday, February 19, 2008

FLYING HUMANOIDS and JETPACK GEEKS

I've been completely immersed in the whole flying humanoids phenomena of late. I don't know what it is...perhaps my love of Superhero's...or the fact that being able to fly is a power on everyone's wishlist. But, the enigma itself is unsettling. Just thinking about humanoids possessing the ability to fly---hovering over our heads, in the dark, unawares---is enough to creep out the toughest investigator. So, I've wrestled various theories and come up short everytime, until I caught this post on Paleo-Future about a man, with a JETPACK, flying over Disneyland in 1966! Yes, 1966! So it got me to thinking, if this was possible in 1966, imagine what a really clever engineer or backyard jetpack enthusiast could come up with today, and considering that probability, is it not possible, maybe even factual and sound to consider that maybe what we percieve as otherworldly flying humanoids are nothing more than gadget geeks testing out the new wave in Jetpack technology? I'm considering it.

No comments: