Wednesday, July 30, 2008

ATLANTIS (Just a thought)


I am of Cape Verdean descent. Cape Verde lies just off the western coast of Africa. Most of it's islands are below sea level. Essentially, its inhabitants live on the highest point of each island. Most of them are volcanic. There are 10 large islands. The Portuguese, upon arrival claimed Cape Verde was uninhabited. I have yet to hear of any archaeological excavations carried out in Cape Verde to prove this. Some say there are ruins in the ocean, off the coast of Sao Vicent. The reason I am mentioning this is because there was a greek explorer, who's name fails me right now, who voyaged across the atlantic and said something about the waters between Cape Verde (then known as the house of the seven gorgons), and the Azores being thick with sludge. Wasn't this the same description given by Plato of the waters after the destruction of Atlantis? I am not saying CAPE VERDE is ATLANTIS. No. What I am saying is that it is very probable that CAPE VERDE is a remnant...just like all the other islands scattered in the Atlantic Ocean...

Something to consider.

No comments: