Monday, May 04, 2009

Strange pic of the day




Sacsayhuaman
is located near Cuzco. To say the place is mysterious is an understatement.
After all, Sacsayhuaman is home of some the most enigmatic stone structures
known to man.

These stones fit into each other as if the stones themselves were heated, and
made pliable, like playdoh. Then each stone was set against each other with
precision.

I sometimes find myself staring at various pictures of Sasayhuaman and cursing
under my breath. How they achieved this is beyond my ability to even speculate.
All I can tell is some of the stones have odd indentations on them. Circular in
fact. Some of the stones have odd (rectangular) indentations on where their
bottoms fuse into another stone. Tools? Maybe. I could get all 'out there' and
even say some of those marks look like humongous human-like fingerprints. Because
they do.

I can't wait to see them in person.

2 comments:

Rich said...

I think the Inca civilization was just smart. They did leave unfinished clues of the "how to" to their handiwork behind.

Rich said...

I don't know if what I wrote above makes actual sense...ha ha ha...but one can get what I mean I guess.