Sunday, October 25, 2009

ABC's 'V' reboot

I am not exactly clear as to why ABC has a 'problem' with 'V'. The claim is they don't think people are into epic Alien invasion stories. I'd like to ask them who exactly it was that thought a show about idiots on an island that may or may not be another dimension or whatever other crap J-Brams can come up with, was a good idea. The fact that 'LOST' even has ratings should prove that 'V' is on the right network. But still, there are misgivings. Apparently ABC will air 3 episodes and if it looks like anyone's watching, they'll air the rest. Whatever.

Here are the first 8 minutes. It looks promising, and it'd be a shame if ABC doesn't have any high hopes for such a venture. If todays tv viewing audience can get through a few seasons of LOST, I think they can get through anything.

4 comments:

Rich said...

I tend to agree with what you say here. Why do people watch this and not that and that and not this is a mystery...kinda like Lost which is lost. "In your face" science fiction is sometimes just a turn off for a lot of people I suppose because it doesn't deal with the usual..."who got pregnant," "who is cheating on who and with who," "which guy or gal should I choose" "which number has the zillion dollars behind it" ummmmm "who is marrying who" "let me laugh at sitcoms that have a laugh after almost every line spoken" ummmm well the list goes on and on.

Rich said...

I will say though that the "newer" stuff as opposed to the eighties stuff has sometimes TOO MUCH of a polished look/feel to it, including the characters.

Rich said...

Just had to add my one cent in.

Rich said...

Pilot episode 1 was good. Hopefully V remains good and gets really good ratings. Just my added two cents here.