Saturday, December 26, 2009

Things children see




From The Shadows has an interesting article about the things people saw/experienced when they were children. Mostly shadow people. It's very interesting to me because I can recall seeing a number of oddities before I turned ten (and some afterward).

In elementary and middle school, my friends and I would sit around in a circle, recalling the bizarre experiences we had when we were toddlers. Experiences that vanished the moment many of us inched towards puberty. From then on, it has been my belief that children have a view into the world we have become desensitized to as adults.

Most of us grow up and expect Hollywood to scare us. We forget there was a time when the world showed us just how scary and unknowable it really is. So, needless-to-say, I think this is a very interesting topic of the paranormal kind. Children do see things, and their parents either dismiss it as the work of an overactive imagination, or a very disturbed kid.

How people raise their kids is their business, but the day my five year old tells me there's a strange man in the closet... I'm moving.

No comments: